The NAPSI Instructor Development Workshop consists of two parts and takes four
full days to complete. Days 1 & 2 are used covering our Instructional Methods and
Procedures (NAPSI IMP) coursework. In this comprehensive, interactive two-day
class, you will learn how we expect you to conduct yourself as a NAPSI Approved
Trainer, how we expect you to interact with students and peers, where we will
outline our high standards of training and show you the instructional methods we
expect you to use when you deliver NAPSI coursework to your students. We cover
a variety of topics, including:
- NAPSI Trainer Ethics
- Interacting With Students
- Interacting With Other Trainers
- NAPSI Standard of Curriculum
- NAPSI Training Standards
- Maintaining High Standards in Training
- NAPSI Policies and Procedures
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Professional Trainer
- Range Operation/Management and Standard Operating Procedure
- NAPSI Methods of Instruction
- The Function of Training
- Adult Learning Principles
- Skill Development Concepts
- Alternative Teaching Theories and Principles
- Learning Skills In Context
- Evaluation of Student Performance
- NAPSI Course Organization
- Strategies For Successful Marketing and Promotion
- Operating a Successful Training Business
- And much more!
During days 3 & 4, we cover the discipline-specific Instructor Development
Coursework. This is the where we teach you how to teach the NAPSI coursework
(FDP, BDSS, and EDP) to the end user. This consists of numerous instructional
sessions and candidate-lead "teach backs" for most of day one, and then the opportunity for the Instructor Candidates to teach the specific coursework from start to finish on day two. In addition to the IMP and discipline-specific coursework, Instructor Candidates will also have to successfully pass a live-fire qualification course and a skills application test, in addition to completing and
passing 2 written tests with a score of at least 90% during the 4 days of class.
Prerequisites And Fees
The cost of enrollment in the NAPSI Instructor Development Workshop for 2018 is $500, plus any applicable range fees. All applicants are required to submit:
1. A completed NAPSI Trainer's Application
2. A brief training resume/bio
3. At least three letters of character reference.
These can be from anyone who
knows you and can vouch for your trustworthiness and
professionalism. These references will need to be verifiable!
Candidate interviews are scheduled once the NAPSI Training Department has
received all of the required information and completed documents. Candidate
interviews are conducted via telephone conference with the applicant and two of
the NAPSI Senior Instructor Trainers. Once the interview process is completed,
candidates are contacted within 7 days to inform them whether or not they have
been approved to attend the NAPSI Instructor Development Workshop. Once a
candidate is given approval, the enrollment fee of $500 is due at that
time. Payment instructions/options are given to the candidate at that time.
The Official "N.A.P.S.I. Approved Trainer" Logo
- The American Flag represents both a great pride in our country and
highlights the fact that N.A.P.S.I. is a national organization.
- The shape of the shield represents both honor and protection - two necessary
attributes in a professional trainer.
- The image of the book represents the importance N.A.P.S.I. places on a high
level of knowledge.
The scales represent the N.A.P.S.I. commitment to a high level of
professional integrity and trust.
- The Knight's Helmet symbolizes strength. Not only physical strength, but
also our strength as an organization.
- The compass represents our belief in a strong set of morals in addition to the
high ethical standards we have promised to hold ourselves, and each other,
Are your ready to find out if you have what it takes to earn it?